Dayna is currently working with the Lyric Opera of Chicago’s Chicago Voices – Community Created Performances as Composer/Songwriter. This collaboration will culminate in a free public performance of an original dramatic musical piece on the inspiring work of Harmony, Hope & Healing.
Dayna Lynn Nuckolls is a Chicago native. She studied voice at Chicago’s premier private arts high school, the Chicago Academy for the Arts, graduating in 2001. After a brief stint at Hampton University in Hampton, VA she received a BA in Vocal Jazz from Webster University in Saint Louis, MO in 2005.
Dayna Lynn Nuckolls’ professional work is focused on effective transformation of the singing voice, music direction, and composition and songwriting.
• Fiery Tales, 2006 (Co-Music Direction, Co-Composer)
• 10 Out the Gate, but Just You Wait!, 2006 (Co-Music Direction, Co-Composer)
• The Adventures of Kid Zero by Ifa Bayeza, 2005 (Music Direction, Co-Composer)
Congo Square Theatre
• Black Nativity, 2006 (Music Direction)
Recording Projects – Dayna Lynn
(Voice, Flute, Keyboards, Songwriter, Production & Mixing)
• One Monday Afternoon, 2003
• Listening Music, 2007
• The Call, 2010
• Song, Nyahbinghi Blues, The Drastics w/Dayna Lynn, 2006
• To Speculate Darkly, Theaster Gates & The Black Monks of Mississippi, Milwaukee Art Museum, 2010
• Grains of Emptiness: Buddhism-Inspired Contemporary Art, Theaster Gates & The Black Monks of Mississippi, The Rubin Museum, 2010